Tuesday, October 6, 2009
For those who had visited *Crystal Jade in China Town* will sure be very familiar with one of their infamous signature soup -
I loveeeee it so very much. It is my MUST have on my every visit to Crystal Jade. After having it for several times, which costs AUD7 per bowl, I am very tempted to learn to cook it myself so I could have it whenever I have a craving for it!!! =D
Tried cooking it for the first time today, after much approval from my two tasters - Vincent Lim and the BF, I am happy to announce I got it right!!!! *at least 90% of it*
hehehe~ I know a lot people out there are a fan of this soup and...sharing is caring right??
Hence, I decided to share my recipe with anyone who is interested!! =)
Below are the portion for 4-5 people!!
Ingredients:
I medium sized melon ( I got mine from Footscray Market)
3-4 pieces Pork Bones
5-6 slices of Roast Duck (skin on)
2-3 Prawns
3 Shitake Mushrooms or 7-8 SLICES of Shitake Mushrooms ( Can get them in any Asian Grocery)
A pinch of salt and pepper
Note: The longer you cook the soup the richer it taste. Moreover, it will taste much much more better if you use a slow cooker.
I loveeeee it so very much. It is my MUST have on my every visit to Crystal Jade. After having it for several times, which costs AUD7 per bowl, I am very tempted to learn to cook it myself so I could have it whenever I have a craving for it!!! =D
Tried cooking it for the first time today, after much approval from my two tasters - Vincent Lim and the BF, I am happy to announce I got it right!!!! *at least 90% of it*
hehehe~ I know a lot people out there are a fan of this soup and...sharing is caring right??
Hence, I decided to share my recipe with anyone who is interested!! =)
Below are the portion for 4-5 people!!
Ingredients:
I medium sized melon ( I got mine from Footscray Market)
3-4 pieces Pork Bones
5-6 slices of Roast Duck (skin on)
2-3 Prawns
3 Shitake Mushrooms or 7-8 SLICES of Shitake Mushrooms ( Can get them in any Asian Grocery)
A pinch of salt and pepper
It's really simple. First of all, you need to boil your pork bones in a medium sized pot for a couple of minutes, then drain the dirty water. While you are waiting for ur pork bones to boil, you could start preparing the other ingredients.
Slice your melon in it's middle than cut it half again to make them 4 pieces all together. Remember to dig away the 'seeds' in the middle. After that, wash them thoroughly.
Then, shred your slices of roast duck into tiny threads. ( Remember my Wanton Mee with Roast Duck? I used the leftover Roast Duck to make the soup!! hehe~). As for the prawns, shelled them and slice them into few small pieces. Do the same for the Shitake Mushrooms.
After you prepared all your ingredients, just put all of them inside the pot where you just boiled your pork bones. Then, fill up 3/4 of the pot with water and you could leave it to boil on medium heat for now. Check every hour to make sure the soup isn't drained. Add in some more water from time to time if it is necessary. Let it boil for approximately 3 hours. Add in the salt and pepper of your taste.
Then, cover the lid and let it boil on small heat for another hour. And,
YOU ARE DONE!!!
Slice your melon in it's middle than cut it half again to make them 4 pieces all together. Remember to dig away the 'seeds' in the middle. After that, wash them thoroughly.
Then, shred your slices of roast duck into tiny threads. ( Remember my Wanton Mee with Roast Duck? I used the leftover Roast Duck to make the soup!! hehe~). As for the prawns, shelled them and slice them into few small pieces. Do the same for the Shitake Mushrooms.
After you prepared all your ingredients, just put all of them inside the pot where you just boiled your pork bones. Then, fill up 3/4 of the pot with water and you could leave it to boil on medium heat for now. Check every hour to make sure the soup isn't drained. Add in some more water from time to time if it is necessary. Let it boil for approximately 3 hours. Add in the salt and pepper of your taste.
Then, cover the lid and let it boil on small heat for another hour. And,
YOU ARE DONE!!!
I apologize if my description is not clear enough, its one thing cooking them, but another thing altogether to try putting them/my recipe in words. hehehe~Trying my best though. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them!! =)
As for then, I hope you guys get to try this simple yet great soup recipe at home and let me know how it turns out!!! =)
Enjoy~
Another question just out of curiosity and insomnia, if I would be selling the soup for AUD6 (1 buck cheaper than Crystal Jade =p), do you think anyone will buy them? hehehehe~
(My bf thinks no one will bother to...pfffftttt~~~)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment